This module is for
Working with Case Maker
The Case Maker promotes curiosity, encourages deep inquiry, and fosters critical thinking by connecting historical events with modern-day civics topics such as immigration, race, politics and public opinion, equity, and civil rights. As students work in the Case Maker, they will:
- Engage in inquiry-based learning.
- Reflect on guiding questions related to a story-based scenario and civics challenge.
- Conduct close readings of several primary sources.
- Consider what they have seen, heard, read, and felt during primary source analysis.
- Think critically about historical sources.
- Draw evidence-based conclusions in response to the essential challenge question.
Watch the following video to understand the Case Maker in action in the classroom.