This module is for
Introduction and Overview
Welcome to Making the Case with Primary Sources, a professional development module for middle school educators. This module provides an overview of inquiry-based learning as well as an introduction to Case Maker, an interactive tool designed to help teachers implement inquiry-based learning in civics education.
Click through the following slideshow to learn more about Case Maker.
In this module, you will:
- Learn about the importance of inquiry-based learning in the classroom.
- Understand the six stages of the Stripling Model of Inquiry.
- Explore the document analysis process using the Library of Congress Primary Source Analysis Tool.
- Learn how to implement Case Maker.
- Understand how Case Maker aligns with the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) for Social Studies State Standards.